We are very pleased to be hosting this Foodpreneur Boot Camp at WoodsEdge Wools Farm
Please register directly through Eventbrite!
What’s in the Recipe for Success?
The Foodpreneur ® Recipe for Success Boot Camp is an intensive series tailored to new food entrepreneurs who have a great specialty food idea but are unsure of the next steps. The program covers the key ingredients needed to be a successful Foodpreneur. Participants will have an overview of the many facets involved with creating and launching a food or beverage product.
The Boot Camp is taught by food business experts with hands on industry knowledge of specialty foods products. Participants learn experientially through classroom interaction and are provided with tools, resources and information to both learn the food business and develop plans to create sales, manage growth, and create or refine a product. The knowledge gained in the Foodpreneur Boot Camp will increase chances of success in establishing a Specialty Foods Business. Established food businesses can improve their skills in key areas such as food marketing and sales. Participants will be introduced to the Foodpreneur business model strategy of MVP- Minimum Viable Product, designed to clarify their vision and help participants identify and understand what their product is; and how the product should be produced, marketed, and sold. Upon completion of the Boot Camp, participants can head to the checkout line with a personal “Recipe for Success” — a Foodpreneur basic business plan outline.
Our seminar reviews key phases that need to be addressed as you launch your food based product. A “taste” of what we will cover over the course of your Foodpreneur Boot Camp;
Before You Get into the Kitchen:
- Initial Capital &Time /Company Formation/ Insurance/Legal & Trademark/Feasibility of product concept, who is your consumer and what problem do you solve?
Getting Your Idea Out of the Kitchen:
- Recipe Development to Commercial Formulation / Certifications /Viability of Product & pricing /Commercial Kitchen and other manufacturing processes/ Branding, design & packaging/ Forecasting & Accounting/ Raising Dough- finding sources of funding
Getting Your Product on the Shelf:
- Production/Understanding distribution channels- from specialty stores to supermarkets/How do you get it there? What do distributors and brokers do?/Developing a Sales Pipeline/Pitching the buyer
Getting Your Product onto the Consumer’s Plate & into their Hands:
- What does it mean to develop a “Go to Market Strategy”?/Trade Promotions/Social Media/Advertising
All Foodpreneur “Recipe for Success” Boot Camp Students will receive the following:
- All PowerPoint presentations, worksheets & course materials
- Updates and discounts on upcoming educational materials and instructional opportunities
Our Team of Foodpreneur Instructors: Led by Esther Luongo Psarakis, and Janis Hertz Grover, both subject matter experts in their field, along with other instructors, will provide you with a comprehensive educational “Foodpreneurial” experience.
Lauren Handel is a partner in Foscolo & Handel PLLC, The Food Law Firm, which is a
law firm for food, farming and alcoholic beverage businesses. Lauren counsels
clients on various aspects of law, including regulatory compliance, business law,
and intellectual property. She also represents clients in transactions, litigation
and regulatory proceedings. Lauren earned her JD, cum laude, from Georgetown
University Law Center and an LL.M. in Agricultural and Food Law at the University of
Arkansas School of Law. She is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, and