Foodpreneur Boot Camp with Freedom Food-May 13-15 2015
Register on line at Event Brite!
Foodpreneur Boot Camp- In Depth Recipe for Success
Teaming up with Freedom Foods-
New England’s Leading Specialty Foods Co-packer!!!
Freedom Foods formulates, manufactures and warehouses!
Held at Historic & Scenic Three Stallions Inn in Randolph VT. May 13-15, 2015. Breakfast & Lunch are included on May 13 &14. Bonus Day Invitation at Freedom Foods on May 15th. A special room rate is available for Foodpreneur-Freedom Foods attendees. (Call 802-728-5575802-728-5575) Amtrak available to Randolph VT. Flights into Burlington VT.
What’s in the Recipe for Success?
The Foodpreneur ® Recipe for Success Boot Camp is an intensive series tailored to new food entrepreneurs who have a great specialty food idea but are unsure of the next steps. The program covers the key ingredients needed to be a successful Foodpreneur. Participants will have an overview of the many facets involved with creating and launching a food or beverage product.
The Boot Camp is taught by food business experts with hands on industry knowledge of specialty foods products. Participants learn experientially through classroom interaction and are provided with tools, resources and information to both learn the food business and develop plans to create sales, manage growth, and create or refine a product. The knowledge gained in the Foodpreneur Boot Camp will increase chances of success in establishing a Specialty Foods Business. Established food businesses can improve their skills in key areas such as food marketing and sales. Participants will be introduced to the Foodpreneur business model strategy of MVP- Minimum Viable Product, designed to clarify their vision and help participants identify and understand what their product is; and how the product should be produced, marketed, and sold. Upon completion of the Boot Camp, participants can head to the checkout line with a personal “Recipe for Success” — a Foodpreneur basic business plan outline.
Our seminar reviews key phases that need to be addressed as you launch your food based product. A “taste” of what we will cover over the course of your Foodpreneur Boot Camp;
May 13th-Day One 8am-5pm. The Basics
Before You Get into the Kitchen:
- Initial Capital &Time /Company Formation/ Insurance/Legal & Trademark/Feasibility of product concept, who is your consumer and what problem do you solve/Who/Where is your target market? Who is on your team?/Where are your strengths-gaps
Getting Your Idea Out of the Kitchen:
- Recipe Development to Commercial Formulation / Certifications /Viability of Product & pricing /Commercial Kitchen and other manufacturing processes/ Finding Ingredients/Branding, design & packaging/ Forecasting & Accounting/ Raising Dough- finding sources of funding
May 14th-Day Two 8am-5pm. Getting out There
Getting Your Product on the Shelf:
- Production/Understanding distribution channels- from specialty stores to supermarkets/How do you get it there? What do distributors and brokers do?/Developing a Sales Pipeline/Pitching the buyer/Creating a built up sales assumption
Getting Your Product onto the Consumer’s Plate & into their Hands:
- What does it mean to develop a “Go to Market Strategy”?/Trade Promotions/Social Media/Advertising/Public Relations/Getting to the next level/Creating an Advisory Board
May 15th-Day Three 10am-5pm. Bonus Day Freedom Foods
- Tour of Freedom Foods facility (by invitation only)
- One on one meetings with Foodpreneur Boot Camp experts (scheduled first come-first serve
- Discount coupon to use toward Freedom Food Services
All Foodpreneur Recipe for Success Attendees receive the following:
- All PowerPoint presentations, worksheets & course materials
- Opportunity for complementary assessment of key business needs
- Updates and discounts on upcoming educational materials and instructional opportunities
ADDITIONAL ATTENDEES FROM SAME COMPANY-USE CODE companydiscount FOR $25.00 OFF EACH ENROLLMENT!!!
Our Team of Foodpreneur Instructors: Led by Esther Luongo Psarakis, Janis Hertz Grover, Cathy Bacon, all subject matter experts in their field, along with other instructors, will provide you with a comprehensive educational “Foodpreneurial” experience.
Foodpreneur Bootcamp with Freedom Foods -Recipe for Success for Food & Beverage Entrepreneurs!- Eventbrite